About Dr. Andrew Wood
Dr. Andrew Wood
BA (Oxon), BM BCh (Oxon),
PhD (Auckland), FRACS
Originally from the UK and raised in Bath, Somerset, Andy received his medical degree from Oxford University in 2003. While at Oxford he met his wife, Prabani, who is now a GP in Cambridge. They emigrated to New Zealand in 2005, living initially in Auckland, before moving to Hamilton in 2012, where they live with their two children.
After working as a junior doctor in the UK, Andy completed his specialist ENT training in New Zealand, working in Auckland, Wellington and Hamilton. He then spent a further twelve months training specifically in Rhinology (disorders of the nose, sinuses and adjacent structures) under the directorship of Professor Richard Douglas in Auckland.
Andy is active in surgical research and has presented his research at conferences across the world. He has contributed to three surgical textbooks. More details of his research are available through the links.
Andrew holds the following professional affiliations:
- Senior Lecturer in Surgery and Head of Specialty Surgery, The University of Auckland
- Registered with the New Zealand Medical Council
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the New Zealand Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of the Australia & New Zealand Rhinologic Society
- Vice-chair of the New Zealand Training, Education and Assessment Committee for Otolaryngology
- Founding Member of the Waikato Institute of Surgical Education and Research
Dr. Andrew Wood 29 Thackeray Street, Hamilton
P. (07) 949 8933 F. (07) 281 2635
E. firstname.lastname@example.org Healthlink EDI. awoodent